Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Rhonda's Plaid Skirt

I am a regular reader of Rhonda's Creative Life, a sewing and fashion blog.  The Wednesday, November 19, 2014 post Drafting the Raised Waist Skirt with a Back Flounce inspired me to create a quick plaid wool skirt.  Rhonda's Creative Life features the directions for drafting the skirt pattern as well as interesting photos of plaid garment designs.  Here is my version of the plaid skirt:
Flounce Skirt styled with multiple sweaters for Chicago winter weather
The wool plaid is heavyweight, with a "fuzzy" surface texture.
Side view
The flounce volume is attractive without being excessively full.
Back View
Next up are fur cap and sweater coat projects.  Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,
    For some reason, Wordpress wont play ball with me.
    Thank you for showing us this beautiful example of the skirt that Rhonda blogged about.
    She has just done a blog about the other skirts that have been made, and I hope you don't mind that I posted about your beautiful skirt and I am thrilled that more people will get to see your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!!! I love your colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, I really like your version of the Rhonda Flounce skirt. Thanks for sharing. I like the idea of eliminating the center back seam.

    ReplyDelete